Open August 5 through October 11, 2013, the Vidal Sassoon Professional Beauty Education Scholarship Program will send ten winners to Sassoon Academy, travel and expenses*
This scholarship provides an opportunity to those licensed cosmetologists seeking advanced education to enhance their career. To qualify, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a licensed cosmetologist in the United States or Canada
- Must complete a written essay (500 words or less) or a 1-3 minute video sharing what Vidal Sassoon’s legacy of creativity, craftsmanship, professional drive and love of learning means to you. Also include how you see yourself changing lives through beauty as he did (watch an example of a video submission by Joy LaMay)
Helpful hints from our judges:
- Be creative with your submission! We’re not looking for you to just sit in front of a camera and talk—we’re looking for unique entries that stand out from the crowd.
- Make sure you answer the question and be sure to include your passion and enthusiasm in your submission.
- Although we’d like you to make direct references to Vidal Sassoon, you cannot use his image in your video submission due to copyright guidelines.
- We encourage you to post your video on Vimeo or YouTube so that you can share it with your friends and family. We want you to be proud of your submission and share it on your social networks!
* Prize details - 10 people will win a scholarship to attend a Sassoon Academy course. Tuition, travel and expenses will be covered up to $5,000. Winners will get to choose one of the following 5-day courses and attend Sassoon Academy in Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago, Miami, Seattle or Toronto: ABC Cutting; ABC Color; Creative Cutting; Creative Color; Men’s.