The part time Educator position is a part of our Educator Training Program that includes hands on experience and one on one training by our Casal Aveda Institute Educators.
- Ensures that the curriculum taught, reflects current standards within the State of Ohio industry standards, i.e. preparation and research;
- Ensures safe and sanitary practices by both students and instructors when practicing cosmetology and related sciences;
- Maintain academic records and provide continuous evaluation to students on an on-going basis, i.e. students performance in theory, practical and supervised clinical experiences;
- Monitor student attendance in accordance to school policy and council as needed through verbal and/or written communication;
- Develop and administer theoretical and practical exams; write performance reports to evaluate students;
- Ongoing curriculum evaluation advising management on possible areas of needed improvement and overall program enhancements;
- Perform other duties as assigned or directed.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Position requires standing for periods of time, may require some lifting or moving up to 25 Ibs.
Position Qualifications Required:
- High School Graduate
- Cosmetology School Graduate
- Current Ohio Instructor's Cosmetology License
Position Qualifications Desired:
- Graduate of an Aveda Institute
- Previous Experience as an Educator in a Cosmetology School
- Previous Retail Experience at an Aveda Salon or Aveda Experience Center
- Previous Training or Teaching Experience in the Beauty Industry