Scholarship Contest Application
Scholarship Contest 2013
Casal Aveda Institute will be awarding one full scholarship in Cosmetology and one full scholarship in Esthiology on April 21, 2013.
How to apply:
Please answer the questions and essay and return them by email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Saturday March 30, 2013 at 5:00pm. If you are unable to email please drop of the application packet to Casal Aveda Institute at 6000 Mahoning Avenue, Austintown, Ohio 44515. Once all of the applications have been received, you will be contacted by email or a phone call by Saturday April 6, 2013 to determine whether or not you are eligible to compete in the contest held on Sunday, April 21, 2013.
Once you have been chosen to compete as a contestant you are then responsible to bring yourself, your model, and any supplies that you will need to the institute on April 21, 2013 at 8:00 am to begin the contest for the scholarship competition. Please review all enclosed rules and details of the contest in order to be eligible to win a scholarship.
Please be sure to include the information below when submitting your application by email.
- Home Phone
- Cell Phone
- High School Senior?
- High School Graduate?
- GED Certificate?
- Please specify if you are applying for Cosmetology or Esthiology
Casal Aveda Institute / Scholarship Competition 2012
Please complete the following questions and submit them by email to email@example.com no later than Saturday March 30, 2013 at 5:00pm.
Please number each question; it is not necessary to rewrite each question when you email them. Please specify which contest you will be participating in. If you cannot email the questions and essay, please drop the application packet off at the Casal Aveda Institute at 6000 Mahoning Avenue, Austintown, Ohio 44515.
Short Answer Questions:
- What qualities should a professional possess?
- How would you utilize your Cosmetology or Esthiology education?
- Where do you see yourself in five years?
In at least 100 typed words or less, describe the inspiration you will be using to create the final look for your model. Finalist will be selected by their question and essay entries. The final winner will be chosen by a panel of highly qualified judges. Good Luck!
- In order to be eligible to accept the scholarship if you are chosen as the winner, you must meet the admission requirements of the institute. It is not a requirement that you have to be enrolled to compete. If awarded the scholarship you are able to register any time that day.
Scholarship Contest April 15, 2012
- Cosmetology Contest is based on the model that has the best-finished, total look (hair style, makeup, and ALL black wardrobe), the Esthiology Contest is judged by the best makeup application, Winners will be awarded a full Cosmetology or Esthiology, (provided eligibility requirements are met)
- To be eligible to compete you must be in your last year of high school, a high school graduate, or have a GED.
- All models must be 13 years or older and cannot be a male or child.
- Contestants must complete both the essay and question section of the application and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject label as scholarship program or send it to Casal Aveda Institute 6000 Mahoning Avenue, Austintown, Ohio 44515. No later than Saturday March 30, 2013.
- Those selected to compete will be contacted.
- We will only take 50 contestants for Cosmetology and 25 for Esthiology
- Esthiology contestants must have their model wear all black with their hair pulled away from their face. Contestants are judged on the best look of the model’s makeup.
- When Cosmetology and Esthiology contestants arrive, there will be a before picture taken that will be given to the judges that evening so they can judge the best before and after model.
- No cutting or chemical services will be performed on the models the day of the competition, you will be responsible for the overall style of the models hair, makeup, and clothing, you will not be judged on the haircut or color of your model’s hair. (Cosmetology Contest only)
- The day of the competition you will be given 4 hours to complete the models hair makeup and clothing, you are required to bring all of your own supplies and products to perform these tasks.
- Contestants must work alone on their model
- Contestants and Models with any prior industry training or schooling are not eligible to participate
- It is not a requirement to enroll prior to the competition, if chosen as a winner you may register after that evening.
- For each program we must have a minimum number of contestants to have the scholarship competition.