Department: Casal Aveda Institute / School
Reports to: Managing Instructor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Responsible for effective student instruction, as to assure that the school achieves all major educational goals, objectives, and continuing to meet the standards set forth by The Ohio State Board of Cosmetology and Casal Aveda Institute.
- Ensures that the curriculum taught reflects current standards within the State of Ohio industry standards, i.e. preparation and research
- Ensures safe and sanitary practices by both students and instructors when practicing cosmetology and related sciences
- Maintains academic records and provides continuous evaluation to students on an ongoing basis, i.e. students' performance in theory, practical and supervised clinical experiences
- Monitors student attendance in accordance with school policy and counsel as needed through verbal and / or written communication
- Develops and administers theoretical and practical exams, writes performance reports to evaluate students.
- Evaluates ongoing curriculum and advises management on areas of possible improvement and overall program enhancement.
- Performs other duties as assigned or directed.
- High School Diploma
- Current Ohio Managing Cosmetology License
- Current Ohio Cosmetology Instructor's License