Casal AVEDA INSTITUTE SCHOLARSHIP CONTEST
Sunday, April 15, 2018
Application submissions are due Friday, April 6 - apply below!
This year, Casal Aveda Institute will be awarding one FULL PAID scholarship in Cosmetology and one FULL PAID scholarship in Esthetics.
Scholarship awards include full tuition, kit fees, enrollment, and application fees.
About the 2018 Scholarship Contest
If selected, you will be invited to participate in the Scholarship Contest Fashion Show on Sunday, April 15th, 2018. You will select a model of your choice style their hair and makeup.
The scholarship contest will take place at the Davis Education & Visitor Center at Mill Creek MetroParks.
Please review all rules and details of the contest below in order to be eligible to compete and accept the scholarship. Deadline for submissions is Friday, April 6, 2018 at 5pm.
- Please complete the online application below by Friday April 6, 2018 at 5:00pm.
- The show will be held on Sunday, April 15, 2018 at Davis Education & Visitor Center at Mill Creek MetroParks, located at 123 McKinley Avenue, Youngstown, Ohio 44509.
- The Cosmetology Contest is based on the model that has the best-finished, total look (hair style & makeup).
- The Esthetics Contest is judged by the best makeup application.
- Both contest are expected to have the wardrobe for the models be an ALL BLACK attire. Accessories are permitted to be colored. They will need to be fully finished; dressed, prior to leaving the institute for The Davis Center.
- Esthetics contestants must have their model’s hair pulled away from their face. Contestants are judged on the best look of the model’s makeup.
- Cosmetology contestants, No cutting or chemical services will be performed on the models the day of the competition, you will be responsible for the overall style of the models hair and makeup, you will not be judged on the haircut or color of your model’s hair.
- When Cosmetology and Esthetics contestants arrive, there will be a before picture taken that will be given to the judges that evening so they can judge the best before and after model.
- The day of the competition you will be given 2.5 hours to complete the models hair makeup and clothing, you are required to bring all of your own supplies and products to perform these tasks.
- The show for all family and friends to attend will begin at 3:00pm. Please let your guests know they will be permitted downstairs at 2:00pm. Not before.
- There is a $10.00 DONATION at the door. The donations will be given to The Sierra Club of the Mahoning Valley.
- Contestants must work alone on their model.
- Contestants and Models with any prior industry training or schooling are NOT eligible to participate.
- To be eligible to compete you must be in your last year of high school, a high school graduate, or have a GED.
- All models must be 13 years or older and cannot be a male or child. Contestants must complete both the essay and question section of the application via the Casal Aveda website submission form. It must be submitted by Friday April 6, 2018 at 5:00pm.
- It is not a requirement to enroll prior to the competition, if chosen as a winner you may register after that evening.
- Those selected to compete will be contacted.
- The judging panel will be comprised of stylists, salon owners and alumni industry professionals.
- Finalists will be scored on their essay, model transformation (before and after) and over all look of the model. Each category will count for 1/3 of the total score.
- All winners will be selected on merit. Casal Aveda Institute will not discriminate on the basis of age, color, sex, creed, or any other characteristics protected by law.